Thursday, May 23, 2019

Dilemma

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Z man February 14, 2019 at 7:50 am.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Z man

As my BMW ages and develops age and circa problems (when parts age out etc.), I was always proud of the fact that I had an independent mechanic that knew BMWs.  When I first went to him with my then 5 year old bike (an 1100 R) he regaled me with stories about his first one that his wife now rides.  Years later I got the 05 RT that I currently ride.  Over the last two years it has proven challenging to support this bike and I have made the statement many times, “If it weren’t for Peter’s shop, I would dump that thing.”  Well, I was just informed that Peter is moving his shop to the beach a good three hour trip away.  Yes, there are dealers closer (45 miles), but I sometimes feel as though they are not straight up with me.  Not that they lie, just not getting the full story.  So it looks like soon, I may be selling the BMW.  Should I wait for the next big $$ repair or just be safe to my wallet and sell in the spring?  Thoughts?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent MCNews Posts

Honda Africa Twin

FOUR MODELS OF Honda’s Africa Twin line will be offered in 2019, including updated Africa Twin Adventure Sports, both available with manual...

KTM 790 Duke

Yamaha YZF-R3