Friday, August 23, 2019

Rainy weather

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Gfurlo March 23, 2019 at 11:32 pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Gfurlo

I know I will not get a lot of sympathy here, but  it has been raining on the weekends for 6 or 7 weeks now…… makes it hard to get out and have fun.

I feel for those who go several months with non riding weather.

Participant

Z man

You’re right – no sympathy here. 🙂

Actually, I fully understand the frustration. Our weather has been such that I could ride a few days in February but due to other circumstances, I was not able to.  And of course the flip side to that is when I am able to ride the weather has not been cooperative.  One such circumstance is we have roller coaster weather. One day it is near 65, the next it is snowing.  The state freaks out about snow and has been know to start spreading brine (salt mixture) three days ahead of a predicted event.  If the event happens there is about one pound of salt to ten square feet of road spread. (of course it is an exaggeration, but you get the point) So then the weather turns and two days after the event it is again near 65 degrees.  But now there is water run off from the tiny amount that actually came as snow but it comes with a high concentration of salt.  Which I feel is extremely bad for the bike.

Enough of my complaining, just wanted to say, I understand your frustration.

Participant

Gfurlo

I can not believe it, I have turned into my Dad.

First dry weekend in so many weeks and I spent it being responsible rather then going for a ride.

Participant

Gfurlo

And it’s raining again.

oh why did I do the responsible think last weekend!

Participant

Gfurlo

I think it’s a conspiracy, finally a weekend it’s rained all Friday night Saturday morning clear.  I’m going for a ride.   No I’m not the battery is totally dead. 😡

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent MCNews Posts

Kawasaki Z400

With its Z900 and Z650 models already thrashing in the street-fighter fray, Kawasaki recently unleashed its Z400 naked. Designed for all-around use,...

Is Lane Sharing Risky?

BMW R1250 GS